Kathmandu University organized a Stakeholder Engagement Program on reactive nitrogen pollution and other activities to engage various stakeholders from the agriculture sector at the local and national levels.
Held from April 18th to 21st, 2023 in both Kavre district and Kathmandu, the activities addressed South Asian and Nepal’s concerns on nitrogen pollution caused by human activities and reactive nitrogen used in agriculture.
These pose significant threats to human health and the environment. The objectives of the workshop included:
- To inform the stakeholders about SANH activities and research.
- To understand the policy positions of various actors (from local farmers to national policy
- makers) with respect to decisions on nitrogen management by conducting a stakeholder
- To explore the possibilities of engaging with key stakeholders for future policy decisions on nitrogen use and management.
- To raise awareness among academia about sustainable nitrogen (N) management via poster presentations and interactive sessions.